Dog licenses for 2012 will become available in the Town Clerk’s office beginning June 1, 2012. Dogs must be licensed annually during the month of June per Connecticut State Statute Section22-338. To expedite the process, please come prepared by bringing current rabies vaccination certificate, spay/neuter certificate (if applicable) and payment (cash or check only). Altered dogs $8.00, Unaltered dogs $19.00. Checks payable to “Town of Lyme”.
Thursday, May 31st, 2012
Wednesday, May 16th, 2012
Click on the link below to view the Lyme Park and Rec Summer Programs Booklet.
Monday, May 14th, 2012
Be it resolved by electors and taxpayers of the Town of Lyme that the Board of Selectmen and/or its duly appointed representatives be authorized to obtain and expend funding for the construction of a new Library and renovation and expansion of the Town Hall in an amount not to exceed 4.7 million ($4,700,000) dollars.
Notwithstanding the availability of federal or state funds, be it further resolved that municipal (Town of Lyme) public financing and expenditures for the project be capped at 3.7 million ($3,700,000) dollars. A minimum of 1 million ($1,000,000) dollars shall be raised or pledged from private donations and/or grants before actual construction shall proceed with the project to begin no earlier than fiscal year 2013-2014.
This resolution shall take effect fifteen (15) days after publication in a newspaper having a general circulation in the Town of Lyme.
Monday, May 14th, 2012
NOTICE OF REFERENDUM
Electors, taxpayers and citizens qualified to vote in Town Referendum are hereby warned and notified that a referendum vote to consider and act on a resolution authorizing construction of a new Library and renovation and expansion of the Town hall will be held Tuesday, May 22, 2012 between the hours of 6 AM EDT and 8:00 PM EDT at the Hamburg Fire Station; 213 Hamburg Road; Lyme, CT.
Copies of the enabling resolution are available at the Lyme Town Hall.
Monday, May 7th, 2012
ANNUAL BUDGET MEETING
FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2012
8:00 PM EDT, LYME CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL
HAMBURG RD., LYME, CT
Electors and citizens qualified to vote in Town Meeting are hereby warned and notified that the Annual Budget Meeting will be held Friday, May 25, 2012 at the Lyme Consolidated School; Hamburg Road; Lyme, Connecticut at 8:00 PM EDT for presentation of the following agenda:
- Consider and act on a resolution authorizing the Board of Selectmen to accept on behalf of the Town of Lyme a gift of land totaling 84.37 acres for open space conservation and affordable housing purposes from the Young family.
- Consider and act on a resolution authorizing the Board of Selectmen to accept upon completion of requisite approvals a gift of land totaling 1.63 acres abutting the westerly boundary of the Hadlyme Fire Station from the Lord family.
- Consider and act on a resolution authorizing the Board of Selectmen acting on behalf of the Town of Lyme to join the Lower Connecticut River Valley Council of Governments and at a future date approve on behalf of the Town of Lyme the consolidation of the Mid-State and Connecticut River Estuary Regional Planning Agency Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
- Acknowledge receipt of the Town of Lyme Annual Report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2011.
- Consider and act on estimates and recommendations of the Board of Finance for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2013.
Please remember to license your dog during the month of June
Friday, May 4th, 2012
The Lyme’s Senior Center has announced its summer concert series. Entitled “Summer Sounds,” the program features four events during the month of July.
July 5th The Glenn Hansen Orchestra featuring Jazz and Big Band sounds
July 12th Coastal Chordsmen Barbershop Chorus featuring high energy barbershop
July 19th Waterford Community Band
July 26th Old Lyme Town Band
All concerts begin at 7 PM and the July 5th event also features an Antique and Classic car show which begins at 6 PM in Town Woods park adjacent to the Senior Center.
Sponsors or co-sponsors for the concerts are still being sought. the cost per event is $400.00. Should you have an interest in sponsoring a concert contact Senior Center Director Sherry White at 860-434-4127.
Tuesday, May 1st, 2012
The Town of Lyme Board of Fiannce public hearing for the proposed 2012-2013 fiscal year budget will be held Monday, May 7, 2012 at the Hamburg Fire Station, 213 Hamburg Road; Lyme, CT at 7:30 PM. In addition to an opportunity for public comment on the budget document, the Board of Finance will be making a recomendation on a proposed appropriation for a new fire company brush truck, as well as the upcoming May 22nd town referendum to authorize construction of a new Library and renovation/expansion of the Town Hall.