The Lyme Town Hall and Lyme Landfill will be closed Monday, October 14, 2013 in observance of Columbus Day.
Thursday, October 10th, 2013
Monday, October 7th, 2013
CL&P Emergency Preparedness and Response Briefing
Monday, October 7, 2013, 3 p.m.
CL&P Ready to Respond to Wind and Locally Heavy Rain
Operational Status: Monitor
- A line of heavy rainstorms with strong wind gusts will be entering western Connecticut between 4 – 5 p.m. today, tracking eastward until 8 – 9 p.m. Average wind gusts will be in the 25 – 35 mph range, with stronger gusts of 40 – 50 mph possible. Western parts of the state are expected to see the most impact, including 1-1/2” of rain. There may be some lightning with this storm. Rain showers could continue until approximately 2 a.m. The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch until 5 p.m. today for Litchfield County.
- CL&P prepares for severe weather every day and is poised to respond to any potential impacts from today’s severe weather forecast
- Employees are reminded to adjust driving for weather conditions. Avoid driving through standing water in low-lying areas. Prevent hydroplaning by slowing down when roads are wet. Watch for wet leaves and debris on all roadways.
|Line workers||Approximately 168 CL&P crews (336 workers) plus approximately 30 contractor crews (60 workers)|
|Tree||293 crews (approximately 586 workers) available|
- Storm rooms across CL&P’s territory are ready for activation, as needed.
- CL&P’s operational status is currently in MONITORING mode. Conditions exist that could present a potential risk to the electrical system in time, but currently pose no immediate threat.
- Ongoing work on the distribution and transmission system is being closely managed; contingency plans are in place in the event of unexpected outages.
- There are currently about 500 customer outages, some of which are due to downed trees.
- To report an outage, call 800-286-2000 or visit www.cl-p.com
- Customer reminders, in the event of outages, include: safety around downed wires and proper generator use. For safety tips, go to www.cl-p.com.
- For restoration updates:
– Visit the Storm Center at www.cl-p.com
– Follow us on Twitter @CTLightandPower
– Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/ctlightandpower
– Text the word “outage,” followed by a space and your zip code to 24612
Monday, October 7th, 2013
Thursday, October 17th has been set as the date for the formal groundbreaking ceremony for the long awaited Town Hall/Library project. The ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. at the site for the new Library.
A new Library will be constructed on property acquired several years ago for this purpose. The new location will improve traffic flow and parking as well as create a new town green.
Both buildings will comply with LEED standards to make them as “green” and energy efficient as possible while meeting requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The old church portion of the Town Hall which was recently granted historic building status will be restored to its original meeting room form and will be able to accommodate up to one hundred people.