The Lymes’ Senior Center is looking for a part-time Senior Center Associate. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or First Selectwoman, Town of Old Lyme, 52 Lyme St., Old Lyme, CT 06371.
SENIOR CENTER ASSOCIATE – PART-TIME
- The purposes of this part time position is to assist the Director with the administration, clerical, planning, initiating, and coordinating of a comprehensive Senior Center.
- In the absence of the Director, will be in charge of activities and operations.
- A detailed job description can be found online by clicking here.
- One (1) year of experience working with seniors required.
- Associates degree in recreation, gerontology, or a related concentration and those with experience coordinating programming for seniors in a similar environment preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate proficiency with computers and software to include but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Candidate must possess a strong administrative and clerical background as well as an ability to multitask and to assist older clients in a sensitive and compassionate manner.
- Hours will vary with occasional nights and weekends.
- Typically Tues/Thurs from 9:00am-12:00pm but may change to fit the needs of the senior center.