The Town of Lyme is looking for a Board & Commission Administrative Assistant. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and their resume to AsktheLymeBoS@gmail.com.
Board and Commission Administrative Assistant
- Provides ongoing administrative support to four town boards: the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Conservation and Inland Wetlands Commission, the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Board of Finance.
- Reports directly to the Zoning Enforcement Officer (Bernie Gigliotti) and the chairmen of the four boards.
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas. Attends and records all meetings. Submits minutes for approval and publication, and maintains files in town vault.
- Notifies board members and Town Clerk of any changes to meetings schedule.
- Develops annual meeting schedule for each board as required by state statute and arranges meeting space.
- Places ads and public notices in local newspapers. Advises Board of Selectmen of public hearings.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as specified.
- Provides certified transcripts of meetings and public hearings requiring court actions.
- High school diploma or equivalent (or any equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people appropriately and effectively; and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to use Word, email programs and other office software.
- The Board of Finance meets 2 nights a month, January through April.
- The three land-use commissions each meet 1 night a month.
- Special night meetings as required.
- Additional time to prepare minutes and materials as needed, and on a flexible schedule.
- Approximately 10 – 15 hours per month combined.