In an effort to assist residents with their bulky waste-disposal and recycling efforts, and to reduce costs stemming from improper disposal and recycling, the town of Lyme will temporarily open the Lyme Transfer Station on Fridays, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., starting Friday, July 6.
- At our Transfer Station, residents can dispose of bulky waste items destined for a landfill and dispose of all their recyclables without sorting them. No household garbage is accepted.
- In general, the Transfer Station is the place to dispose of oil, antifreeze, batteries, appliances, electronics, furniture, bedding materials, tires, leaves, logs, stumps, construction materials, demolition materials and scrap metal.
- There are some fees that apply to the disposal of certain items, or the quantity or condition of certain items.
- Some items must meet specific conditions in order to be disposed of at the Transfer Station – e.g., no tires with rims, lawn mowers must be drained of gas and oil, no wood framing or timbers over eight feet long.
- For the complete details, see this fact sheet.
- For pricing details, see this price sheet.
- For the location of the Transfer Station, see this map.
During the trial period, the Transfer Station will be open Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.