On March 19, the Ledge Light Health District (LLHD) issued this statement:
Southeast Area Transit District (SEAT), Uncas Health District and Ledge Light Health District are pleased to announce a partnership to improve transportation options for New London County residents seeking a COVID vaccination.
SEAT buses serve many local vaccine centers, and we want to help assure that all residents have access to these vaccination opportunities. To that end, we are pleased to offer the following:
- Ledge Light and Uncas Health Districts and partner agencies will distribute SEAT Bus Passes to those residents who face transportation challenges.
- The free bus passes will be available beginning March 22nd.
- SEAT will provide a new fixed route bus service between Norwich and the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation to provide direct access to the vaccine center located at the Rainmaker Vaccination Site at Foxwoods beginning on March 22nd. The service will run hourly, Monday – Saturday, between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM.
For more information and to obtain bus passes, please contact:
– Stephen Mansfield, Ledge Light Health District at 860-448-4882 ext. 1307
– Patrick McCormack, Uncas Health District at 860-823-1189 ext. 112
– Michael Carroll, SEAT, 860-886-2631, email@example.com