On Friday, Jan. 21, the Rogers Lake Authority issued the following statement:
The Rogers Lake Authority is recruiting prospective applicants to fill open positions to share operation of the patrol boat as well as man the State boat launch. This temporary position would run from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. The applicants would need to be available on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays as well as one evening a week. To apply see the Rogers Lake Authority web page at https://www.oldlyme-ct.gov/rogers-lake-authority.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age of 20.
- Have a State of Connecticut Safe Boating Certificate.
- Be willing to participate in Connecticut DEEP education programs.
- Willing and able to promote, monitor and maintain safety of all users utilizing Rogers Lake.
- Know and understand State of Connecticut DEEP boating regulations.
- Willing to work with Old Lyme authorities and CT DEEP enforcement.
- Know and understand the rules of Rogers Lake.
- Know CPR and basic First Aid.
- Provide an image of confidence and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Have a “presence” which deters violations.
- Have and enforce a “customer friendly” attitude of awareness and safety.
- Maintain the patrol boat in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain a log of activities per direction of Safety Supervisor.
If interested in this opportunity, please complete the “Application for Seasonal/Temporary Employment” and highlight specific qualifications. Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.