The Town of Lyme has begun a search for a part-time administrative assistant/land-use clerk who will provide assistance to several boards and commissions. This is a part-time position that requires 10 hours per week in the office, in addition to several hours a month attending evening meetings of boards and commissions. The job description and application process is described in brief below.
- Reports to and is supervised by the Zoning Enforcement Officer (ZEO) as well as the Chairs of specific boards and commissions.
- Performs administrativeduties for several town boards and commissions, including the Planning and Zoning Commission, Conservation Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and Board of Finance.
- Assists the ZEO in the scheduling and management of land-use meetings, applications and appeals.
- Prepares materials for board or commission meetings, including agendas and notices.
- Attends board and commission meetings. Transcribes board and commission minutes.
- Records board and commission actions as necessary and in compliance with state statutes and local regulations.
- Composes letters.
- Establishes and maintains board and commission records and files.
- Assists the ZEO with filing and correspondence.
- Accepts land-use applications.
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to take accurate notes and summarize without bias; and to adhere to strict timelines and prioritize work appropriately.
- Possesses working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Zoom.
- Submit resume by email to email@example.com or by USPS to Lyme Town Hall, 480 Hamburg Rd., Lyme, CT 06371.