The Lyme Public Library is looking to fill the position of Library Assistant 1. The position will begin on Aug. 2, 2022. This is a part-time (non-benefitted) position which covers 10.5 hours a week with a 6-hour shift one Saturday a month with a rate of $16.30 per hour.
Qualifications: College graduate and/or LTA coursework or certificate preferred. Knowledge and understanding of basic principles of library organization, procedures and tools. Computer, Internet experience and excellent customer service skills required. Must be able to work effectively with others and maintain working relationships with library patrons and staff, as well as being able to work independently when required.
Responsibilities: General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing routines.
- Circulation duties (experience using Verso a plus).
- Reader’s advisory.
- Assisting patrons with computer and technology issues.
- Clerical duties.
- Updating the library’s website.
- Cataloging and technical service duties.
- Assistance with library special events.
- General maintenance of the library’s collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested, please email a resume and cover letter to the Library Director, Melissa Fournier at email@example.com, Subject: “Application for Library Assistant Position”; or send a cover letter and resume in the mail to Lyme Public Library, Attn: Library Director, 482 Hamburg Rd., Lyme, CT 06371.