On New Year’s Day, Sunday, Jan. 1, the Lyme Land Trust is offering six different, small-group hikes for local residents, with each hike being led by a Land Trust board member.
- Hike #1: 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Pleasant Valley Preserve with Tony Irving. To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hike #2: 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Brockway-Hawthorne Preserve with John Pritchard. To register, send an email to email@example.com.
- Hike #3: 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Selden Creek Preserve with Lynn Richmond. To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hike #4: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Thach Preserve with Jon Butler. To register, send an email to email@example.com.
- Hike #5: 12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Johnston Preserve with Scott and Denise Gravatt and their dog, Toby. To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hike #6: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 pm in Gillette Castle State Park with Wendolyn Hill. To register, send an email to email@example.com.
For the complete details on the hikes, including meet-up times and locations, general hike descriptions and other important information, please go to the Land Trust website.
Please note that the end times for all hikes are approximate and the hikes could take longer to complete than posted here. The hikes will be canceled in the event of inclement weather. Hikers should check the Land Trust website for more information and updates.