The Assessor is responsible for ensuring that all real estate, personal property and motor vehicles in the Town of Lyme considered taxable under Connecticut state law are assessed fairly and equitably. Specifically, the Assessor:
- maintains the Grand List, a master list of all taxable and tax-exempt real estate and personal property in Lyme;
- ensures the current mill rate is applied to all real estate and personal property on the Grand List so that residents are taxed appropriately;
- administers all tax-exemption and tax-abatement programs offered by the state and Town to eligible residents (which can include the elderly, veterans, active military personnel, disabled individuals and owners of certain kinds of farm buildings and open spaces);
- maintains property record cards on all real estate on the Grand List; and
- reports important tax-related information to various state agencies and Town officials.
- Residents may contact the Assessor by phone at 860-434-8092; by email at email@example.com; or in person at Town Hall during normal office hours.
- The Assessor’s office hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; and again from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.