On Saturday, Jan. 25, at 2:00 p.m., at the Lyme Public Library: Dr. Amanda Goodheart Parks presents “Beyond Biceps: The Real Story of Rosie the Riveter.” Free and open to all. Register at 860-434-2272. For more information, click here.
On Saturday, Jan. 18, at 2:00 p.m., at the Lyme Public Library: A presentation to help residents develop their bird-watching and identifying skills with a representative from the Connecticut Audubon Society Roger Tory Peterson Estuary Center. Free and open to all. Register at 860-434-2272. For more information, click here.
The Conservation Commission (acting as the Inland Wetland and Watercourse Agency) will meet on Wednesday, Jan. 15, at 7:00 p.m., at Lyme Town Hall. To view the agenda, click here.
The Planning & Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing and its regular monthly meeting on Monday, Jan. 13, at 7:30 p.m., at Lyme Town Hall. To view the agenda, click here.
At its most recent meeting, the Board of Selectmen:
- appointed Anthony Irving as the Lyme Land Conservation Trust representative on the Open Space Commission (to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of George Lombardino);
- appointed Robert Standish as an At-Large member of the Open Space Commission (to fill the vacancy cause by the resignation of Anthony Irving);
- reappointed Harry “Skip” Broom, Jr., to the Hadlyme Ferry Historic District Commission;
- reappointed Susan Tyler to the Estuary Transit District Board of Directors; and
- appointed John Kiker and Mary Stone to the Lymes’ Senior Center Building Committee.
The Rogers Lake Authority (RLA) will meet on Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 7:30 p.m., at the Rogers Lake West Shores Association Clubhouse. To view the agenda, click here.
The Board of Selectmen will meet Monday, Jan. 6, at 3:30 p.m., at Lyme Town Hall. To view the agenda, click here.
The meeting of the Affordable Housing Commission scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6., at 7:00 p.m., has been canceled.
This is an important reminder regarding the upcoming Apr. 28, 2020, presidential preference primary. The deadline to transfer party in advance of the presidential primary is Tuesday, Jan. 28. To repeat, Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020, is the last day that an enrolled elector may transfer from one party to another and be eligible to vote in the presidential preference primary of the new party.
On Saturday, Jan. 11, at 1:00 p.m., at the Lyme Public Library: The Lyme Library Cookbook Club will meet to discuss “The Hungry Fan’s Game Day Cookbook” and share other recipes in advance of the NFL Playoffs. Free and open to all. Register at 860-434-2272. For more information, click here.