There are several food assistance programs operating in and around Lyme that can help individuals and families in need:
- SNAP. For information on applying for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), a federal program offered through the USDA, please contact Lyme’s Social Services Director Kathy Tisdale at 860-575-0541.
- Meals on Wheels. For information on the local Meals on Wheels program, which is operated by the Estuary Council of Seniors for residents 60 years of age and older, go here.
- Food Pantry. The closest food pantry to Lyme is operated by the Shoreline Soup Kitchens & Pantries on Saturday mornings, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., at the First Congregational Church of Old Lyme at 2 Ferry Road in Old Lyme. For more information, go here.
Volunteering To Help
Lyme residents can volunteer to support the efforts of these food assistance programs:
- Lyme Old Lyme Food Share Garden. For information on volunteering for this community food garden, which donates its produce to local food pantries, go here.
- Shoreline Soup Kitchens & Pantries. For information on volunteering for the organization’s food pantry in Old Lyme, go here.
- Estuary Council of Seniors. For information on volunteering for the council’s Meals on Wheels program, go here.