The Sustainable Committee recommends the educational resources listed below to residents who are interested in learning more about controlling invasive plant species in Lyme:
- Connecticut Invasive Plant List – This list includes Invasive and Potentially Invasive Plants as determined by the Connecticut Invasive Plants Council in accordance with Connecticut General Statutes.
- Connecticut Invasive Plant Working Group – This organization, which consists of federal, state and town agency staff, researchers, nursery growers, educators, master gardeners, community members and interested citizens, shares information about invasive plant issues affecting Connecticut.
Downloadable Fact Sheets
- “Nix the Knotweed: Method of Threes”
- “Invasive Plants in Your Backyard! A Guide to Their Identification and Control”
- “Invasive Plant Management Timeline”
Downloadable Fact Sheets on Specific Invasive Species (from UConn Extension)
- Curly Leaf Pondweed (Potamogeton crispus)
- Hydrilla (Hydrilla verticillata)
- Purple Loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria)
- Water Chestnut (Trapa natans)
- Yellow (flag) Iris (Iris pseudacorus)
You can find more downloadable fact sheets on other invasive species here.