9 Town Transit provides public transportation for Chester, Clinton, Deep River, Durham, Essex, East Haddam, Haddam, Killingworth, Lyme, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook and Westbrook, with connections to the New Haven, New London and Middletown areas:
- Buses. For information on area bus routes and schedules, click here.
- Fare Discounts. To apply for fare discounts available for senior citizens and disabled residents, go here.
- Taxi Discounts. To apply for and purchase half-price taxi vouchers for senior citizens and disabled residents, go here.
- Dial-A-Ride. For information on the Dial-A-Ride program, which can help by offering door-to-door public transit service outside the area of bus routes, click here.
- Token Transit. For information on the Token Transit app, which enables residents to pay for public transit via a smartphone, click here.
Special Notice: 9 Town Transit has issued the following statement on its website:
Free Fares April 1st – June 30th: As part of the state of Connecticut’s efforts to ease the pain of high gas prices and inflation, Governor Lamont has announced that bus service statewide will be fare free from April 1 through June 30, 2022. This includes 9 Town Transit and Middletown Area Transit fixed routes, XtraMile, Dial-A-Ride, ADA Paratransit and deviated-fixed routes.