The Tax Collector ensures that all Real Estate, Personal Property and Motor Vehicle taxes in the Town of Lyme are billed, collected and deposited promptly and accurately in accordance with the Connecticut General Statutes. Specifically, the Tax Collector:
- issues annual tax bills for all Real Estate, Personal Property and Motor Vehicles;
- receives and processes all tax payments;
- pursues delinquent tax-collection remedies allowed by State Statutes;
- provides taxpayers, title searchers, law firms and banks with information on taxes owed or paid, upon request; and
- works closely with the Board of Selectmen.
Tax Payment Information
- Taxes can be paid by cash or check in person at Lyme Town Hall during normal office hours.
- Please make checks payable to: Lyme Tax Collector
- Mail payments to:
Lyme Tax Collector
480 Hamburg Road
Lyme, CT 06371
- Residents may contact the Tax Collector by phone at 860-434-8092; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person at Town Hall during normal office hours.
- The Tax Collector’s office hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; and again from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Closed on Wednesdays.)
- During the month of July, office hours are Mondays through Fridays, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For More Information
- For the web page of the Lyme Tax Office, click here.