Lyme Town Hall

Welcome to the web page for Lyme Town Hall.  Many of the most commonly requested application forms can be viewed or downloaded from this page.

Absentee Ballots

  • To request an application for an absentee ballot for an election, primary or referendum, click here.

Birth Records

  • To request a certified copy of a birth record, click here.

Death Records

  • To request a certified copy of a death record, click here.

Dog Licenses

  • For an application for a dog license, click here.

Genealogy Inquiries

  • If you are researching genealogy, please see the Connecticut State Library History and Genealogy brochure, here; and the Connecticut Professional Genealogists Council brochure, here.

Marriage Licenses

  • For an application for a marriage license, click here.  Please also review the documents on marriage instructions for officiants, here; and marriage license laws, here.

Marriage Records

  • To request a certified copy of a marriage record, click here.

Mooring Permits

  • To apply for or renew a mooring permit, go to the website  Once on the website, from the “Get Started” tab, applicants should choose “Town of Lyme, Connecticut” from the list of harbors. Next, click on the green “Apply” button to begin the application process and follow the instructions to submit a mooring application for the coming year.  Residents with questions should contact the Harbormaster at

Trade Name Certificates

  • For an application for a trade name certificate, click here.

Other Forms Available on This Website

Forms for the various permits and applications listed below can be found on this website here.

Public Safety-Related Forms

  • Emergency Management Special Needs Form
  • Crime Watch/Patrol Check Request

Construction-Related Forms

  • Building Permit Application
  • Driveway Permit Application
  • Electrical Permit Application
  • Gas Line Permit Application
  • Heating Permit Application
  • Solid Fuel (Wood) Stove Permit Application
  • Plumbing Permit Application

Zoning-Related Forms

  • Subdivision Permit Application
  • Zoning Permit Application
  • Zoning Appeal Application
  • Hadlyme Ferry Historic District Commission Application

Wetlands and Watercourse-Related Forms

  • Inland Wetlands Activity Application
  • Coastal Management Consistency Review Worksheet

Tax-Related Forms

  • Elderly Tax Relief Application