Posted: Tuesday, Apr. 5, 2022, by the Town of Lyme:
Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Land-Use Clerk
The Town of Lyme has begun a search for a part-time administrative assistant/land-use clerk who will provide assistance to several boards and commissions. This a part-time position that requires 10 hours per week in the office, in addition to several hours a month attending evening meetings of boards and commissions. The job description and application process is described in brief below.
- Reports to and is supervised by the Zoning Enforcement Officer (ZEO) as well as the Chairs of specific boards and commissions.
- Performs administrativeduties for several town boards and commissions, including the Planning and Zoning Commission, Conservation Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and Board of Finance.
- Assists the ZEO in the scheduling and management of land-use meetings, applications and appeals.
- Prepares materials for board or commission meetings, including agendas and notices.
- Attends board and commission meetings. Transcribes board and commission minutes.
- Records board and commission actions as necessary and in compliance with state statutes and local regulations.
- Composes letters.
- Establishes and maintains board and commission records and files.
- Assists the ZEO with filing and correspondence.
- Accepts land-use applications.
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to take accurate notes and summarize without bias; and to adhere to strict timelines and prioritize work appropriately.
- Possesses working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Zoom.
- Submit resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by USPS to Lyme Town Hall, 480 Hamburg Rd., Lyme, CT 06371.
Posted Friday, Jan. 21, 2022, by the Rogers Lake Authority:
Rogers Lake Seasonal Employment Opportunity
The Rogers Lake Authority is recruiting prospective applicants to fill open positions to share operation of the patrol boat as well as man the State boat launch. This temporary position would run from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. The applicants would need to be available on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays as well as one evening a week. To apply see the Rogers Lake Authority web page at https://www.oldlyme-ct.gov/rogers-lake-authority.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age of 20.
- Have a State of Connecticut Safe Boating Certificate.
- Be willing to participate in Connecticut DEEP education programs.
- Willing and able to promote, monitor and maintain safety of all users utilizing Rogers Lake.
- Know and understand State of Connecticut DEEP boating regulations.
- Willing to work with Old Lyme authorities and CT DEEP enforcement.
- Know and understand the rules of Rogers Lake.
- Know CPR and basic First Aid.
- Provide an image of confidence and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Have a “presence” which deters violations.
- Have and enforce a “customer friendly” attitude of awareness and safety.
- Maintain the patrol boat in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain a log of activities per direction of Safety Supervisor.
If interested in this opportunity, please complete the “Application for Seasonal/Temporary Employment” and highlight specific qualifications. Email the completed application to email@example.com.