The Town of Lyme has partnered with the Lyme Land Conservation Trust to cooperatively administer a hunting program on approximately 860 acres of the town’s open space. Controlled hunting in our preserves helps decrease:
- the damage deer can cause by over browsing the understory vegetation;
- the number of wildlife-related car accidents; and
- the spread of tick-related diseases.
For more detailed information, please see the Hunting Program page on the Lyme Land Trust website. There you will find:
- instructions for applying for hunting permits.
- maps of preserves where hunting is allowed; and
- start and stop dates of this year’s hunting seasons.